Thursday, October 16, 2008

161008

ohh ohh, i'm not dead yet. not really ready to give in to my reluctance to blog, lol.

first week of school... has been rather, interesting and funny. i can't really count the number of times my funny bone was tickled so far.
i shall not elaborate on how one of my lecturers mispronounced my friend's name so that it sounded like buttocks in hokkien - kah chng.

i just saw a thread in the backyard asking if singapore's standard of education is dropping or not. well looking and comparing between some really old past year papers from TYS books for both the 'O' and 'A' Levels and present papers, i would say yes, but only to the extent of the standard of the exam papers. however, it's not really a similar case when it concerns content.

sometimes i look back at myself during the secondary school years, and realised how carefree and relaxed i was back then. looking at my younger brother now, the differences are rather vast. the amount of information in the textbook (especially science subjects) is so much that i don't think i could have been able to meet expectations placed by my parents upon me. yes, papers may "seem" easier to do and score, but after being "forced" (unless you don't feel like scoring well for your exams :x) to memorise all the definitions, formula, explanations, etc., coping with the overwhelming content from textbooks, notes, and such can prove to be an uphill task.

shit la, my sentence structure in this post is all wrong and my choice of words is... horrible. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment