Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Well I guess it's kinda official (actually it was a long time ago but I just didn't wanna say it out).

Retrenchment has just arrived at the threshold of my family. Perhaps they are just putting on a strong front in front of us, but I find it a worrisome issue even if I know both of them to be extremely cautious and calculative in whatever they do. Currently, it's just one of them, but it could be both in the near future (or most certainly would be). I fear of being financially troubled in time to come; the slow yet steady onslaught of emotional turmoil that wears down chains in the family; fear of what the future has in store for us.

The thought of it all sickens me. Restricting and limiting my spendings, saving every single cent I can, argh, simply put - less of entertainment for you Mr. Lee. But I know, none of this can be compared to how they are feeling right now. Deep down inside they are probably dejected, worried and as fearful as I am. Right now they are planning of downgrading from our current 5-room flat to a 4-room one, and I guess should it really happen, it shall be the next milestone in my life.

Well, we'll have to see how it goes. I pray we pull through this tough time ahead of us; I pray we could all just have a happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment